Friday, April 29, 2011

Triptych

PUDDLES



For all of these I played withe the hue and saturation and darkened the photos and put a filter on them (fresco). Did a little cropped them so that the stick on the top and bottom pitures where both at the corner of the page with the thought in mind that they would be the outside pictures and the big leaf would be in the middle. I liked the way the red popped out when I was doing the first picture so I decided to do it this way.
Funny for those who thought we were abusing time kindly given, infact art has to be inspired and if it is not something the artist likes then they have put no soul into their work. Sometimes its spotanious and sometimes you have to sit around and do nothing for something to come.

2 comments:

  1. Maria,

    1. It is hard to appreciate the brilliance of your work when you don't show the original images or at least clearly explain what they are.
    2. It is hard to judge them as a set when they are not shown as a single image as the assignment requested. In fact the second trio are not even matching sizes.
    3. I'd appreciate it if you could cease the negative comments about being bored or finding nothing inspirational, as they do not represent you well nor do they endear you to the person who set the task.
    4. Similarly I find comments about your "abusing time kindly given" disturbing. I am responsible for your actions at all times and having you sitting in the foyer chatting reflects badly on my program when administrators see you doing nothing while waiting for something "inspirational" to come.

    That said, I think you have made an excellent use of colour to tie your Triptychs together. Your images are intriguing and creative. I am extremely pleased that you have not only met the deadline, but done triple the required work. In my professional opinion, you have serious talent that is overshadowed by sarcasm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love the colour and the texture in this one and your ability to use a random leaf and stem to create this otherworldy atmosphere

    ReplyDelete