Thursday, April 21, 2011

Multicultural Festival poster 2011...contest are anoying


It wasn't what I had originally hoped to make but I pieced this picture together keeping in mind diversity and cultures. To not single any country out and, to avoid being offensive, I coloured all these people different colours and some in the most common colours on flags (Red, Blue, Black, White, Green, Yellow). The world is placed on the maple leaf as a way to show that we are multicultural. To show the world coming to Canada and all people of different cultures coming together on their own walks of life.
 I got the idea for the earth on the flag from Futurama where their flag has earth from the earth day episode.


I'm not made for the advertisment buisness. I like things to have deep meaning and to have people think about it not only just glance get it and walk away.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, no more poster assignments or "advertising" type activities. I hear you. Nevertheless, you have some good concepts here. The earth superimposed over the Canadian flag is an interesting concept. I agree that the rainbow people is a clear and safe way to communicate diversity.

    I'm not sure why the flag is off centre. I fell that it would look better if some blue showed on both sides. You need capitals on the main title and I think the subtitle should be moved off of the flag.

    Can you please act on these edits before you print a hard copy for the Festival?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your teacher: the Canadian flag over the globe rocks!

    ReplyDelete