Thursday, February 17, 2011

Photograpgic portrait black and white



Original picture

Enhanced picture

From the picture I took of the one and only Jessica Feeney, I converted it to black and white adding a bit of red to brighten up the picture. I cropped the picture so her face was easier to see. The picture was also brightened to show her face and some shadows darkened. I added more contrast and made it a bit sharper so it wasn't as blurry. Using the clone stamp, I copied the back ground to get rid of lines on the wall behind her. I especially like this picture because it looks like shes  fascinated and fearful of the light.

2 comments:

  1. It also looks like she is up to no good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, low light pictures are really tough because the camera has to keep the lens open longer to let in enough light and as a result it tends to get blurry. This part of the task asked for a clear, crisp, unaltered black and white image. You were to make "minimal" changes. Because you took on such a challenge, you had to do some serious alterations to clarify the image.

    Next time, try to address the task requirements exactly before you experiment. These are supposed to be like mock work tasks to prepare you for the real world. IAs your pretend client or employer, I am not happy with the lack of clarity in this image.

    ReplyDelete